Dead Cells Brutal Update Reorganizes World, Introduces New Enemies and Biomes
Motion Twin’s early entry Metroidvania title has modified considerably however will nonetheless beat you up.
Early Access rogue-like Metroidvania title Dead Cells has acquired a hefty new replace that provides two new biomes, a brand new boss, four new distinctive enemies and reorganizes the world in preparation for the ultimate launch. You can obtain it now and re-immerse your self in Motion Twin’s sadistic (but lovely) 2D side-scroller.
The Brutal Update modifications much more than the above although. It does away with the outdated stats of Strength/Skills/Health system and provides Brutality/Tactic/Survival as an alternative. Brutality (purple) will have an effect on all of your weapons, Tactic (purple) impacts all of your lively abilities and Survival (inexperienced) will have an effect on all shields.
So if you happen to resolve to degree up Brutality, it should have an effect on the injury of all purple objects whereas leveling up Tactic will degree up the injury of purple objects and cut back the cooldown of lively abilities. That’s solely scratching the floor of the replace although so be sure that to take a look at among the patch notes beneath for extra data and the total patch notes right here.
- The world has modified. We’re now getting ready the ultimate type of the sport. Most ranges have been up to date to mirror this, together with their issue, or their location on the world map.
- The Watcher boss is now a mid-game boss, whereas the Assassin new boss turns into the ultimate encounter. Note that the present sport ending nonetheless isn’t the ultimate one: we plan so as to add the actual sport nemesis in a later replace.
- 2 new biomes have been added: the notorious Clock Tower and the mysterious Slumbering Sanctuary. Both embody new enemies and loots.
- The outdated tier system (ie. Strength/Skills/Health) has been changed by Brutality / Tactic / Survival.
– Brutality (purple): consists of all weapons (besides shields)
– Tactic (purple): embody all lively abilities
– Survival (inexperienced): embody all shields
- Some objects (weapons or abilities) are Dual colours, which implies they’ll depend on 2 completely different stats, and use the best worth. You may encounter random Colorless objects: these ones will all the time use your greatest stat.
- Here are the consequences of those new three stats once you increase them:
– Brutality (purple): increase all purple objects injury, add +18% life
– Tactic (purple): increase all purple objects injury, cut back all lively cooldowns
– Survival (inexperienced): increase all inexperienced objects injury, add +40% life
- Your level-up selections are rather more necessary than ever. Level up scrolls have been modified. You could discover “classic” Power Scrolls that permit you to add +1 to any tier amongst three, or Double Scrolls that solely permit you to increase 1 stat amongst 2 (randomly chosen). Single compelled scrolls are now not a factor.
- The approach merchandise stats/affixes are generated has been modified:
– based mostly on their degree, all offensive objects (ie. merchandise that offers injury) now have a “Damage +X%” stat, whereas all non-offensive objects (ie. all different objects) now have a “All damage received -X%” stat.
– “Tier +1” affixes on Weapons and Skills at the moment are solely discovered from very particular sources (Treasures or retailers) and are to be thought of uncommon.
– Talismans have a assured “Tier +1/+2/+3”, on merchandise degree III or extra.
- The Collector can now not improve objects utilizing Cells. For now, his solely position is to unlock new content material. A complete new improve mechanic will come again within the subsequent replace, which ought to come shortly after this one!